Make a list.
When I am coaching a client who feels stuck or is struggling with motivation we often discuss making a list. A list of reasons. A list of emotions. A list of pros & cons. Lists bring clarity, order and offer a jumping off point for the next steps in the larger, more complex, ‘grand scheme’ of things. You know, that bigger picture we all talk about.
To mark today’s milestone ~ Thankful Thursday ~ I have decided to follow my own advice (after all, many have professed just how well this strategy works) and make a list. So, without further ado (in no particular order):
- I’m thankful for my health. I’m thankful those I love are healthy.
- I’m thankful my good health allows me to help loved ones who are being challenged in that arena these days.
- I’m thankful Mother Nature got the memo and sent some fall temperatures our way.
- I’m thankful for Sinatra and the rest of the crazy cast of characters I get to hang with.
- I’m thankful for everyone who donated to our St. Jude Walk Team. It was such a great day we’re going to do it again next year!
- I’m thankful for home & hearth & two foot tall stack of books on the nightstand. (Yes, it really is that tall. I actually had to move some titles to the floor for fear of knocking them over and waking up the household).
- I’m thankful for audiobooks. Nothing makes cleaning said home & hearth more enjoyable than listening to a book.
- I’m thankful I’m a Life Coach. I appreciate the opportunity to serve and make this world a brighter, happier place.
- I’m thankful for answered prayers.
I’m curious… what are you thankful for these days?