June 21st will mark the official beginning of Summer this year. For most of us, Summer began nearly a month prior with the celebration of Memorial Day here is the United States. It’s the best season… the kids are out of school, the hot days beg you to indulge in frosty cold libations and lay by the pool with your toes in the water. Toes you’ve had painted a frosty blue or hot pink I might add. It’s the easiest season when dressing in a swimsuit from dawn till dusk counts as a great day and you let the trade winds style your hair with sand and salt.
Summer is good. Summer is a time to make memories and play outside and as promised here is our family bucket list.
- Spend the day at a new zoo; eat ice cream for lunch
- The beach, a long walk on the boardwalk and lunch with the Fairy GodMother
- Enjoy the deserted city as locals head south or east before the tourist flock lands (that is just about a 2 week window right about now)
- Enjoy the world-class museums in our own backyard – our goal is to visit 2.
- An Amusement Park… or two.
- Strawberry picking (a family tradition the Hubs can’t wait to share with Kramden & me – we’re lucky girls). Make jam from said berries.
- Keep the window herb garden alive all season. We started small and hope to build each year as our skill set grows.
- Outdoor concerts by the West Point Band and NY Philharmonic
- Roadtrip! Time and place still TBD
- Wildcard… because something new and awesome is bound to come up!