This past weekend was glorious in every sense of the word. The weather was amazing – bright, warm, sunny, breezy – and I was outside with and without mi familia an awful lot. I even managed to get a bit of a sunburned nose which led me to think about SUMMER.
Just saying Summer is like chanting an incantation guaranteed to make fun and laughter a bright shiny reality. I am long, long past the stage of life where summer equates to a 2+ month vacation, and yet, there is something still so rejuvenating the season. Of course this brought on the chatting about the Summer plans. Should we try for a family vacation? A girls road trip? Beach visits? What about the zoo and the pool and the play dates – the list seems endless. Last year I split the lists into three categories: Family, The Two of Us and Me Time. That helped with the planning and prioritizing in a big way (and we did everything we set out to do) so I’m here to do it again.
A Baker’s Dozen Summer 2015 Goals
- Visit and photograph Union Church plus one more local landmark!
- Run a 5k and a 10k.
- Photograph: a sunrise, a sunset, a lightning storm, a new garden.
- Host a brunch honoring the amazing women in my life.
- Crochet blankets for the newest family members (coming Summer & Fall 2015).
- Run 100 solo miles outside.
- Girls Night Out.
- Spa day (oh… it’s been a long, long time)
- Get the weights on my big lifts (bench, dead lift, squat) up by 20%.
- Go to the movies all by myself!
- Rock my CPC exam.
- Outdoor yoga (held weekly in one of our gorgeous local parks)
- Savor a Khor’s Bros. twisty cone.
Check back later this week for the Family and Just the Two of Us Lists.