I am a very lucky lady. I am pretty convinced my Dad is the absolute best Daddy on the planet. Now, what can make me smile even bigger than typing that last sentence? Typing this one: It’s a pretty solid bet my daughter feels the same way about her Daddy. It written all over her face when she looks at him.
So in honor of Father’s Day here are the five most important lessons my Daddy taught me:
- Respect everyone you meet no matter who they are or what they do. If they should disrespect you, then walk away and don’t look back over your shoulder. You don’t want anyone who would disrespect you in your life.
- Keep confidences strictly and completely. If someone betrays your confidence, forgive them, but don’t honor them with any more info.
- Friends and acquaintances are not the same thing – know the difference and act accordingly.
- If it’s worth doing at all, it’s worth doing well. What ‘it’ is doesn’t matter one iota – what matters is that you dig deep, look close and do your best.
- Red sky at night Sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, Sailor heed warning.
Happy Father’s Day to two of the best Daddies in all the land. I’m honored to be your daughter and wife (respectively).
I wish all of you, Dear Readers, a wonderful weekend. Hug the men in your life who make you smile and tell them how much you care.